Join The SoL Center of San Antonio in two panel discussions focusing on Economic and Socio-Cultural Divides and Religious Differences. Engage in the panelists’ conversations and have the opportunity to ask questions during the Q&A portion. Please also plan to attend the reception between the two panels.
4:00-6:00 pm – Economic and Socio-Cultural Divides Panel
- Kiran Kaur Bains — Chief Equity Officer for the City of San Antonio, where she leads a citywide strategy to advance equity in all functions of government.
- Patton Dodd, Ph.D. — Editor in Chief at Folo Media, a nonprofit newsroom focused on vulnerable communities face in San Antonio, Texas.
- Christine Drennon, Ph.D.—Associate Professor in the Sociology and Anthropology Department and Director of Urban Studies at Trinity University.
- Doshie Piper, Ph.D.—Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice at University of the Incarnate Word, with a focus on reentry and community corrections processes (Moderator).
- Graciela Sanchez— Director of the Esperanza Peace and Justice Center, a community-based cultural arts/social justice organization.
6:00-7:00 pm – SoL Center Reception
7:00PM – 9:00 PM – Religious Differences Panel
- Rev. D. Leslie Hollon, Ph.D.—Senior Pastor at Trinity Baptist Church, a growing multi-generational Christian congregation involved in diverse ministries that help seekers to become believers and believers to become disciples.
- Imam Omar Adib Shakir—resident at Masjid Bilal Ibn Rabah, a fully functioning Islamic religious institution and a model community that serves the needs of its members in the fullest sense, leaving nothing of value out.
- Ronit Sherwin—CEO of the Jewish Federation of San Antonio. The coordinating and convening body dedicated to building Jewish community, the JFSA seeks to perpetuate the values, practices, and religious traditions that enrich Jewish life.